Internet searches for, “How much weight can I lose from Semaglutide, and is it safe,” have dramatically increased in the last six months.
This is no surprise, since many celebs have touted its weight loss benefits. But, some have also spoken out about the negative effects.
So, what’s the scoop? Does it really work? How much weight loss is possible? And, most importantly, is semaglutide safe?
Here’s your comprehensive guide to your burning questions!
Do Semaglutide Weight Loss Injections Actually Work?
Yes, when combined with a healthy diet and an active lifestyle, semaglutide promotes weight loss. It does so by mimicking the effects of a hormone called glucagon-like peptide-1, or GLP-1. The natural hormone is produced in your gut and is released when food is consumed to release insulin and reduce your appetite.
Because of its effects in maintaining a healthy blood sugar level, it was originally produced for patients with type II diabetes. However, because it also regulates your appetite by promoting feelings of satiety and delaying gastric emptying, the “side effect” of weight loss was quickly noticed.
How Much Weight Can I Lose From Semaglutide, and Is It Safe?
There are a number of factors that play a role in how much weight you can lose by taking semaglutide on a weekly basis in conjunction with healthy living. In weight loss trials, patients taking semaglutide long term lost 10% to 15% or more of their body weight when combined with a healthy lifestyle. This group lost more than compared to patients who took other weight loss medications or those who were given a placebo, though individual results vary.
Yes, semaglutide is considered safe for weight loss when administered to qualified candidates. To be eligible, you should meet one of the following criteria:
- Have a body mass index (BMI) of 30 or higher, which is considered obese
- Have a BMI of 27 or higher with a weight-related comorbidity such as diabetes or high blood pressure
If you do not meet one of the aforementioned requirements, you should consider an alternative weight loss plan. This is a prescription medication that is not safe for those who do not qualify.
Side effects for those taking semaglutide are typically mild and subside on their own over time. You may experience nausea, diarrhea, and other gastrointestinal discomfort. Other common adverse effects include dizziness, headaches, and fever.
More severe complications are rare, though they do exist, so talk to your provider about the possibility of side effects before taking semaglutide.
If you experience unpleasant symptoms from taking semaglutide, monitor the side effects you encounter, documenting how often they occur, severity, and how long they last. Then, reach out to your specialist so they can let you know if any adjustments need to be made, as well as and offer suggestions on how to reduce your symptoms. They may also want to monitor your blood sugar.
I’m Interested in a Prescription – What Should I Do Next?
Now that you have an answer to your questions, “How much weight can I lose from Semaglutide, and is it safe,” it’s time to take the next step – contacting a trustworthy provider who will keep your best interest in mind when recommending treatments.
A semaglutide specialist will consider your unique circumstances including medical history, current health status, and other factors to determine whether semaglutide is suitable for you. To help you find a semaglutide provider, take the following steps:
- Look for healthcare professionals who are experienced in prescribing and managing semaglutide for weight loss. An online search is often very helpful, and you can also ask people you trust for recommendations, especially if you know someone who is already using semaglutide.
- Verify the credentials, certifications, and experience of potential providers. Make sure they have a good track record in managing weight loss treatments like semaglutide. Experience matters, so consider providers who have successfully helped patients achieve their weight loss goals using this medication.
- Read reviews by actual patients. You can typically find them on provider websites, as well as on social media and third-party sites like BestProInTown.com. Look for high ratings and descriptive reviews that provide insight into the patient experience. On social media sites, read through comments on posts in addition to the reviews to find even more details about the interaction between clients and providers.
- Schedule consultations with a few of your top options. During meetings with potential providers, inquire about their approach to prescribing semaglutide. Ask about the level of support they offer throughout the treatment, how often they will monitor your progress, and what strategies they have in place to help you achieve your weight loss goals safely and effectively.
Choosing a semaglutide provider is a significant step in your weight loss journey. Take the time to research, gather information, and select a provider who aligns with your needs, values, and is dedicated to guiding you through this medication’s potential benefits for weight loss. Always prioritize your health and safety throughout the decision-making process.
Watch the Numbers on the Scale Drop After You Call Our Number!
Here at Moksha Aesthetics, we provide treatments that help you look and feel your absolute best. Contact us today at 240-907-5009 to book your semaglutide consultation, and kickstart your weight loss with our reputable providers!
With customized treatment plans and complementary treatments such as Morpheus8 skin tightening to help improve your appearance after weight loss, it’s clear why more people in Potomac and surrounding areas turn to us for semaglutide.